Environment & Sustainability
Caring for Our Future
As a responsible and environmentally aware manufacturer, Vicaima cares about our future and that’s why it promotes the use of technologies and materials which minimize pollution and is focused upon using timber products from renewable and certified forest resources.
Take a look at some key facts you should know about Vicaima and the Environment:
- FSC® certified since 2005. Did you know that Vicaima has already produced more than 4 million products with FSC® certification? The Forest Stewardship Council® ensures that our products derive from responsibly managed forests and other controlled sources.
- Complies with EU Timber Regulation (EUTR)
- Certified under the ISO 14001 environmental standard
- Improves the use of natural resources. That’s why Vicaima has installed a photovoltaic power plant for electricity production, using in parallel the external energy certified as “100% Green Energy” produced totally through renewable sources.
- Recycles or reuse wood waste for thermal energy production or to be transformed in composite material products such as MDF or chipboard
- Promotes awareness campaigns internally of its environmental policy, and engages employees in activities which promote “green attitudes” such as the separation of materials for recycling, minimising waste and electric energy consumption.
- Achievement of Vicaima’s first Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for the FD30 AC41dB Fire and Acoustic Door Solution. The EPD provides quantitative information on the environmental impacts of a product through its Life Cycle and will have impact on Buildings Environment certifications such as LEED or BREEAM
- Working continuously to improve door solutions to reach the best rate of thermal insulation
Vicaima's Environmental Accreditation:
Quality & Performance
Vicaima has had its Quality Management System certified by the ISO 9001 standard since 1993 and the implemented internal production control system guarantees that all products placed in the market meet the requirements defined by the standards in force. Integrated in this control system is the internal testing laboratory, which enables product assessment and also guarantees the conformity and reliability of the measuring devices.
All Vicaima Fire Doors in the UK are tested by Chiltern Fire to BS476 Part 22 (1987) and third party accredited by both the British Woodworking Federation, under the BWF-Certifire scheme and by BM TRADA under the Q-Mark accreditation scheme. As such all Vicaima Fire Doors can clearly be identified and recognised by looking for the BWF tamper-evident label and BM TRADA Fire Door plug fitted to the doors.
Vicaima and the community
Vicaima’s growth as a company also passes through the focus on a sound and dynamic relationship with the community to which it belongs. Besides its support to the local communities (schools, fire corporations, sports and cultural associations), its contribution in projects of a broader nature on an educational level, NGO’s and social institutions are some of the initiatives which the company promotes with society.