Environment & Sustainability
Caring for Our Future
As a responsible and environmentally aware manufacturer, Vicaima cares about our future and that’s why it promotes the use of technologies and materials which minimize pollution and is focused upon using timber products from renewable and certified forest resources.
Take a look at some key facts you should know about Vicaima and the Environment:
- FSC® certified since 2005. Did you know that Vicaima has already produced more than 4 million products with FSC® certification? The Forest Stewardship Council® ensures that our products derive from responsibly managed forests and other controlled sources.
- Complies with EU Timber Regulation (EUTR)
- Certified under the ISO 14001 environmental standard
- Improves the use of natural resources. That’s why Vicaima has installed a photovoltaic power plant for electricity production, using in parallel the external energy certified as “100% Green Energy” produced totally through renewable sources.
- Recycles or reuse wood waste for thermal energy production or to be transformed in composite material products such as MDF or chipboard
- Promotes awareness campaigns internally of its environmental policy, and engages employees in activities which promote “green attitudes” such as the separation of materials for recycling, minimising waste and electric energy consumption.
- Achievement of Vicaima’s first Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for the Portaro® fire resistant 30 minutes with acoustic insulation until 41dB. The EPD provides quantitative information on the environmental impacts of a product through its Life Cycle and will have impact on Buildings Environment certifications such as LEED or BREEAM
- Working continuously to improve door solutions to reach the best rate of thermal insulation
Vicaima's Enviromental Accreditation:
Quality & Performance
Vicaima has its quality management system certified by the ISO 9001 standard since 1993. The commitment to quality is to ensure its’ clients continuous satisfaction, always respecting legal environmental requirements and sustainable forest management.
The implemented internal production control system guarantees that all products placed in the market meet the requirements defined bythe standards in force. Integrated in this control system is the internal testing laboratory, which enables product assessment and also guarantees the conformity and reliability of the measuring devices. Fire check products are subject to inspections, tests and external audits in the scope of the Q'Mark and Certifire certifications, carried out by the Trada and Bodycote.
Vicaima and the community
Vicaima’s growth as a company also passes through the focus on a sound and dynamic relationship with the community to which it belongs. Besides its support to the local communities (schools, fire corporations, sports and cultural associations), its contribution in projects of a broader nature on an educational level, NGO’s and social institutions are some of the initiatives which the company promotes with society.